Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to U.S. Farm Insurance.com your site for Farm, Ranch and Equine Insurance.
Here you will find answers to commonly asked questions. If you have additional questions please use this link here. Click
- Do I have to register to use the site? – Answer is no. But you do need to agree to terms of service and privacy and be 18 years of age or older.
- Do / does my business need to join an association or pay a subscription fee for any of the insurance carriers you quote with? – Answer is: Generally not. However, there may times where it would be beneficial. For instance, it may be beneficial for you to join and become a member of a group to receive discounts and other perks.
- One reason you may want to join a group, such as a farm bureau group, is because the discounts received will save you money. Note; not all carriers provide such discounts. Your Athena Insurance and Financial Services Broker or Agent will review your quote(s) and answer any question you.
- Some Insurance quotes may disclose fees such as inspection fees, taxes, policy fees and brokers fees in keeping inline with State laws of disclosures. This is always the case with Non-Admitted Insurance Carriers. All quotes provided by us with non-admitted carriers and disclosed. Non-Admitted carriers are used when “Admitted” carriers do not offer that program or insurance product.
- 3. How do we know that the insurance carrier you are placing us with is reputable and has an acceptable Insurance rating? – Answer: We only deal with farm and equine insurance companies that have a B++ rating or higher. Generally all of our quotes are provided on “A” rated paper. To validate the carrier’s rating for yourself, we offer you the link to A.M Best and insurance rating provider. For larger Commercial Agricultural Farms and Ranches you can also order the financials at your cost. All of our quote disclose the rating of the insurance carrier and the rating of the carrier is also included in your policy.
- How long does it take to get a quote? – Answer: After you have submitted “all” the required information it can take anywhere from 48 to 72 hours. On larger Commercial Agricultural Operations that include General Liability, Workers Compensation, Inland Marine, Commercial Auto and Property it can take up to 30 days or longer depending on the complexity of the account.
- Can you just give a “ball-park” estimate” over the phone? – Answer: No. We require a complete application so as not to miss-quote or error due to lack of information.
- Who is the insurance agent or agency that is providing the insurance services? – Answer: Athena Insurance and Financial Services, 205 Court St., Jackson CA 95642. The list of license numbers and more information regarding our agency is listed here “AthenaInsurance.com/about” (in some states we are licensed as Athena Insurance and Financial Services and in some states we are listed by the insurance broker name Steve Valencia)